Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wedding Cake vs. Burn Ban

Okay.  It has been quite a while since my last post and frankly I haven't thought about writing anything for some time.  Gail has been baking and decorating her daughter's wedding cake...and stressing...so I have been staying out of her way, lending support and spending time outside.  I decided I would have an adult beverage, smoke a decent cigar and have a fire in the fire pit.  Everything is cool.  I am sipping Jack Daniels, smoking a MonteCristo cigar and enjoying my fire when someone alerts me via Facebook that there is a burn ban in Jefferson County...oops, my bad.  It had rained a few days earlier (I know because I scooped the rain water that had collected on the tarp we put over Gail's pool) and I figured no worries, after all somebody in the neighborhood was burning something earlier this week.  You could smell it, honest.
Inside I go.  My solitude not to mention my Jack was gone.  The stress level is apparent, hanging in the air like the smoke rings from my now extinguished cigar.  I am unable to help.  Yes it looks good...no I am not just saying that...don't worry it will be beautiful.  Trust me.  I am beginning to wish I was back outside risking incarceration...just kidding.  Really it will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment