Saturday, December 18, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond

"It is better to give than receive." 

How many times have you heard that phrase in your life? It is true.  I had an epiphany a few days ago when I said this exact phrase.  It occurred to me that receiving is another form of giving.   You may think I am being superficial and flippant but I am not.  I need to learn how to receive.  How many times do we shrug off a compliment?  A gift we should receive heartily because it is given freely and unsolicited.  I don't want to get too metaphysical on you but we are all connected to everyone else and everything around us.  God made us to give and receive to each other.  When we receive a gift from a friend we are giving in that instance as well.  We give gratitude and a smile which in turn allows the "original giver" to receive our gift back to them.  A miniature form of pay it forward that happens all the time and until Infinity...

No comments:

Post a Comment