Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Covid or Not

 I was with a friend playing golf before New Years.  It was quite windy and warm for late December.  A small group of friends, brothers really, but anyway a very enjoyable day outside. 

After finishing our round of golf we went to nearby restaurant for a Margarita or two before returning to our homes.  Some had plans for New Years Eve and some of us did not.

New Years Day started with my usual coffee and conversation with Gail.  After a while I checked my phone for any emails or texts when I saw one from my golf partner for the day stating that he began running a fever overnight and went to get tested and you guessed it- Covid positive.

I was feeling okay.  I decided that if I had any symptoms that I would get tested as well.  I had a little sinus congestion and a headache later that evening.  Uh-oh.  

Sunday morning I feel about the same maybe a little scratchy throat due to the sinus drainage but a persistent headache.  I stayed in bed and checked for a fever throughout the day.  No fever.  I had very cold hands and chills from time to time even when covered in bed.  I am starting to think the Rona.  I kid myself and say I am going to feel okay and get up for work the next morning.  

I didn’t.  I felt pretty ragged. Okay so it’s been a couple of days since “my exposure”. So I call my doctor and set it up for later in the day.  I get swabbed for Covid, strep and the flu.  During my vitals check in the parking lot I am asked if I had symptoms.  I had four of the six.  Uh-oh

I get the call about 20 minutes later.  Covid negative.  Huh?  I should have been relieved.  I was sort of.  Another sinus infection.  The third one since Covid began.  The first was the day before the initial outbreak.  The second was when Delta arrived and now this time with Omnicron.  All around me people have been sick some positive some negative.  I think we are all sick and tired at this point.  I think I may have had it.  I find it interesting that I haven’t had a cold since the arrival of Covid.  Makes you think.  Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment